Geological and Historical Walk of Kiama with Illawarra Walks
On Saturday 19th May 2018
11:00am - 3:00pm Save to calendar
Join Illawarra Walks for a geological and historical walk of Kiama.
This free walking tour will take in some of the historical sites around Kiama including:
• graves of the prominent Kiama fore-fathers and the first Australian killed at war in the cemetery;
• monuments for Kiama authors (Chairman Clift) and Academy Award winning Orry Kelly;
• the grave of First Fleeter John Gowen;
• historic buildings and churches;
• the Pilots Cottage museum and
• the Kiama Blow Hole with an overview of the geology.
Meet at Kiama train station at 11.00am on Saturday 19th May.
• Walk from 11-12.30am
• Lunch 12.30-1.30pm
• Walk 1.30-3.00am
• Depart Kiama railway station for Sydney at 3.00pm
Lunch will be at a local café (at own expense) and a $2 coin donation will be required for the museum entry. This tour will be a very easy, flat 9km walk.
Bookings required by calling 0418 813 826
Event Days and TimesOn Saturday 19th May 2018
11:00 am Save to calendar
Free - booking required 0418 813 826
At Kiama Railway Station
25 Railway Parade, Kiama NSW 2533, Australia
Plan your holiday itinerary using our Trip Planner.