Don't miss your chance to purchase tickets to Early Start’s third Speaker Series, Digital Technologies & Young Children with Professor Lisa Kervin. Be quick, as our previous Speaker Series sold out in record time!
There has been strong debate as to whether young children should use digital technologies. The reality is that many children are accessing digital technologies and we have a responsibility to ensure these are being used in the best possible ways.
Join us for an in-depth look at quality screen time and digital play for children aged 3 to 8 years. We’ll explore the potential of digital technology to enrich children’s play and share some criteria to guide children’s engagement with digital experiences.
What you’ll learn
• What to look for when children are engaging in digital play
• How to shift your focus on screen time from quantity to quality
• How to make decisions about digital technology use
– the what, when and how
• How to model best practice when using digital technologies
• Guidance on how to select apps for young children
(Take-home guide included)
Event Days and TimesOn Wednesday 21st August 2019
6:00 pm Save to calendar
Cost: $15/non-members. $7.50/members - Bookings Essential
At Early Start Discovery Space
Building 21, University of Wollongong
Northfields Avenue, Wollongong NSW 2522
Plan your holiday itinerary using our Trip Planner.