Our Introduction to Hand-Lettering workshop is perfect for anyone wanting to try their hand at lettering or even for someone looking to brush up on the basics. Perfect for beginners but also fun for all lettering enthusiasts, this workshop will be a hands-on 2.5 hour class where creative extraordinaire Gillian, from The Marker demonstrates the foundations to hand-lettering; teaching students about the various tools, materials and styles explored through this craft.
What you will learn in this workshop:
• Terminology and an introduction to pens/brushes best suited for particular styles, textures and outcomes;
• An insight into the tools required to create hand-lettering and a list of preferred/main suppliers;
• How to hold your pen and brush;
• Different levels of pen/brush pressure;
• Stroke components of each letter in the alphabet;
• Connecting letters;
• Experimenting with different mediums/paper;
• Development of your own unique style; and
• Putting you lettering skills into practice.
All students will receive a goodie bag containing a personalised gift, voucher, lettering kit including various pens, aqua brush pen, black ink and a work booklet to take home from the workshop encouraging all students to continue their hand-lettering techniques and skills learnt on the day.
What to bring:
• Yourself with a smile