The Big Draw @ Shellharbour Civic Centre & Library
From Tuesday 8th to Saturday 12th October 2019
Times Vary Save to calendar
This years' Big Draw theme is 'Drawn to Life', highlighting the role of drawing and creativity in improving our community health and wellbeing.
It is landing in Shellharbour, with a fantastic collaboration between Shellharbour City Council and Rumpus.
This is a jam-packed program of free school holiday workshops, Open Day drop in program, The Big Draw After Dark, and seriously fun and unique workshops like Bike & Draw, Night Light Painting and Giant Mural.
Come and get involved in drawing for fun, for health, for relaxation, for community and for creativity!
THE BIG DRAW OPEN DAY:
Shellharbour Civic Centre - Library & Forecourt - Saturday 12 October, 10am - 12pm
The Big Draw Open Day brings together all of these exceptional artists in one celebration of Drawing, with stations to visit for all ages and stages. Please note this is a FREE event which you do not need to book in for.
All day FREE drawing stations
- Station 1 - The Natural Wonders of our World Frogs & Butterflies of the Illawarra.
- Station 2 - In the Deep Blue
- Station 3 - The Shellharbour Landscape
- Station 4 - Ochre Drawing: Drawing traditions from the Dharawal
- Station 5 - The Magic of Mandalas
- Station 6 - Japanese Kawaii Drawing and Calligraphy
Timed Events (You need to book into these events):
- Bike & Draw: Urban Sketch Fiesta Civic Centre to Harrison Park Lake and return - 10am - 11am AND 12 - 1pm
- Character Design with Craig Philips - 10am - 11am
- The Giant Big Picture - 11am - 12pm
OTHER WORKSHOP SESSIONS:
Botanical Drawing with Kiara Mucci - Thursday 10 October, 3pm - 5pm - Book HERE
For this special Big Draw 2019 Shellharbour event, join illustrator Kiara Mucci in the beautiful surrounds of the Shellharbour Civic Centre as you get acquainted with our unique Australian flora through watercolour, ink, pencil and pen. A relaxing afternoon that takes inspiration from the colours, forms and shapes of local wildflowers.
Drawn to Life Soiree with Marcelo Baez - Thursday 10 October, 5pm - 7pm - Book HERE
This is a workshop aimed to give you the skills to enjoy drawing for wellbeing, by yourself, with a friend and with others. A skill for life and for wellbeing exploring the cognitive and social benefits of drawing!
The workshop includes drinks and canapés, a perfect creative evening out for grown-ups yearning to get creative… over delicious canapés, non-alcoholic botanical cocktails, or a glass of sparkling wine or other beverage if you so desire!
FREE SCHOOL HOLIDAY WORKSHOP SESSIONS:
- Book Cover Illustration with Kiara Mucci - Tuesday 8 October, 10am - 11.30am AND 12pm - 1pm
- Japanese Kawaii Drawing with Shodo Dojo Studio - Wednesday 9 October, 10am - 11.30am AND 12pm - 1pm
- Flip Books with Marcelo Baez - Thursday 10 October, 10am - 11.30am AND 12pm - 1pm
- Drawing with Fabric: Woven Mandalas - Friday 11 October, 10am - 11.30am AND 12pm - 1pm
For full details see: https://www.shellharbour.nsw.gov.au/whats-on/council/big-draw-shellharbour
Event Days and TimesFrom Tuesday 8th to Saturday 12th October 2019
Times Vary Save to calendar
At Shellharbour Civic Centre
76 Cygnet Ave, Shellharbour City Centre NSW 2529, Australia
Plan your holiday itinerary using our Trip Planner.