Killalea State Park
Killalea is a spectacular tract of coastal land, which has been dedicated as a public recreation reserve. Killalea State Park provides a camping ground that has 50 unpowered camp sites and a dormitory style bunkhouse for 40 people available for clubs and teams. Own linen is required for bunkhouse.
Killalea State Park on the NSW coast at Shellharbour, is Crown Land dedicated to public recreation. It is managed by the Killalea State Park Trust.
The Park comprises of 260 hectares of natural and modified landscape and contains a variety of habitat types including beaches, estuary, mangroves, coastal rainforest and freshwater wetland. It contains at least 3 rare and endangered plant species. Popular activities include surfing (2 beaches), fishing (beach/rock/river), walking and picnicking.
Camping Area Facilities:
Toilets, hot showers, camp kitchen (electric BBQs, wash-up area and undercover dining/seating). All sites are UNPOWERED.
The Camping Area is approximately 10 minutes walk to the Mystics Beach and 15 minutes walk to the Minnamurra River.
Cultural Guided Tours are now available.
Killalea State Park Kiosk is open from Kiosk is open 8:00am until 6:00pm Wednesday through too Sunday.
- Disabled Access
- Internet - Wireless
- Off Street Parking
- Shop / Kiosk
- Communal Facilities
- No Pets
- Shared Bathroom
Travel north along Shellharbour Rd until you reach the crest of the hill. At the top of the hill and before the traffic lights there is a right hand turning lane. You need to take this right hand turn, it will have a brown tourist sign for Killalea State Park.
You will immediately come to the first of four roundabouts. Turn left at the roundabout on to Southern Cross Boulevarde. Travel along Southern Cross Boulevarde until you reach the next roundabout, turn right on to Killalea Drive. Travel past the school and straight through the next roundabout. Continue along over the bridge and you will come to the last roundabout turn left. Travel along Killalea Drive until you reach the boom gates for the park.
The boom gates open automatically between 4.30am - 8.45pm. After hours access is granted to authorised campers.
Arrival Time: 1300
Departure Time: 1000
Hours: Office hours are 8.00am - 5.00pm 5 days per week. After hours and weekend Rangers are contactable on 02 4237 8589
Cancellations and transfers made 14 days prior to arrival will be eligible for a refund less 30% of the booking.
Transfers must be re-booked within a week of the cancellation and used with a three month period.
Bookings cancelled without a minimum of 14 days notice will be forfeited.
Bonds is required for the Bunkhouse: $20 cash key bond per key and a $200 cash room bond is required on arrival and will be refunded in full providing all the key/s are returned and there is no damage to the room/s.
- Persons under the age of 18 will not be allowed to stay without adult supervision.
- BONDS: Unfortunately due to behavioural problems experienced in the past we are forced to introduce a behavioural security bond for young adults. A bond of $50 per person is payable on arrival. The bond will be forfeited in the event of any complaints/problems. Otherwise the bond will be refunded on check-out.
- Camping is permitted only in the designated Camping Area.
- Camping Area facilities are for the use of campers and authorised guests only.
- Guests wishing to have visitors must report to the office for prior approval to arrange day permits.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum and cease by 11.30pm.
- NSW Government regulations apply as to alcohol consumption. No under-age drinking will be tolerated.
- Vehicles must not be driven around the camping area unless leaving the park.
- Dogs are NOT permitted in the camping area.
- Most sites have small BBQs provided. Open fires are ONLY permitted in constructed fireplaces and sites with BBQs provided.
- NO vegetation is to be removed from the bushland. Firewood and Ice may be purchased from the office before 4.00pm.