The German Club - Wollongong
The Club is a great place to come and enjoy a time of relaxation, and to eat and drink the German way.
Nestled on the hillside north of Kembla Grange Racecourse enjoy a taste of Germany in the Bavarian styled clubhouse. Authentic German meals and imported beers, wines and schnapps.
Our Restaurant is famous for the German Home Style Meals. All meals are of generous portions, and it is guaranteed that you will not go home hungry.
Let our cooks spoil you with a meal you will remember. Alfresco dining with views of the Illawarra escarpment.
Friday night is family night with live entertainment. We also have free entertainment on Saturday nights.
The club was originally established as a place where German people went to find their own countrymen. A place where they could find something of what they had left behind. As time went on, the members thought they would like to share what they had with everyone else.
We also hold the Annual Oktoberfest 3 day Festival that attracts thousands to the Club celebrating all things German! Held usually on the 3rd weekend in October this 3 day event must not be missed!
We hope to treat you soon at The German Club!
Hours: Restaurant Hours Wednesday-Thursday-12:00-2:00pm & 6:00-8:00pm, Friday-Saturday -12:00-2:00pm& 5:30-8:30pm. Sunday-12:00-8:00pm Bar Hours - Wednesday to Sunday - 11am till late
The German Club -Takeaway (COVID19)
We will be OPEN for takeaway meals. Orders fom 1pm and collection from 5.00pm.
All meals are available with the usual choice of sides - Chips or Fried Potatoes - Dumplings - Sauerkraut or Red Cabbage - vegetables (not available salad or mash potato) please advise when placing your order what sides you require Gravy optional (no extra charge).
- Schnitzel Platter - a trio of Chicken, Veal and Pork Schnitzels- Full meal $33
- German Sausage Platter - a trio of bratwurst, kransky and weisswurst traditional sausages-Full meal $33
- Chicken Schnitzel - chicken breast crumbed and pan fried until golden brown -Half meal $20, full meal $25
- Pork Schnitzel - pork crumbed and pan fried until golden brown-Half meal $20, full meal $27
- Veal Schnitzel - veal crumbed and pan fried until golden brown-Half meal $20, full meal $27
- Kaiser Schnitzel - crumbed slices of pork loin, lightly pan fried to bring out the natural juices and flavours-Half meal $20, full meal $27
- Kassler - smoked slices of pork loin, lightly pan fried and salted to bring out the natural juices and flavours -Half meal $20, full meal $26
- Chicken Parmigiana - chicken breast crumbed and pan fried until golden brown. Topped with Napoli sauce and mozzarella cheese-Half meal $20, full meal $28
- Kransky - traditional smoked German sausage-Half meal $20, full meal $26
- Weisswurst - lightly spiced traditional German sausage-Half meal $20, full meal $26
- Beef Goulash - lean beef lightly spiced and cooked in a traditional way. Now served with spätzle (German egg pasta)-Half meal $20, full meal $28